Cheesecake is one of those sweet items that comes with high amounts of fat, carbohydrates and sugar. Here is a revised recipe for a more macro-friendly cheesecake. The entire meal is only 587 calories!
- 9 oz Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 8 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 4 Egg Whites (do NOT use cartoned egg whites)
- 1/2 Cup Sweetener
- 1/2 Scoop BPN Milk N’ Cookies Protein Powder
- 12 grams Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine yogurt, cream cheese and egg yolk in a stand-up mixer or hand mixer. Mix until well-blended and creamy.
3. While mixer is running on low, slowly add in sweetener, salt, protein power, powdered peanut butter and vanilla extract.
4. White egg whites into foamy consistency.
5. Once all ingredients are well-blended, combine cream cheese mixture with whipped egg whites, using a rubber spatula to FOLD the whipped egg whites in gently. DO NOT OVER-BLEND.
6. Pour mixture into a greased 6-inch spring-form cheesecake pan and place in oven for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, reduce heat to 200 degrees F. and bake for 50 more minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 hours.
Macros for Protein Cheesecacke: 587 calories
7g of Fat
35g of Carbs
96g of Protein
*Recipe by Brad and Aubrie Bromlow