Do you love the smell and taste of freshly baked apple pie? I do! This recipe creates that same apple pie sense in a healthier version. It makes for a great breakfast (can be prepped the night prior) or pre workout/post workout meal!
- 80 grams of Old Fashioned Oats (uncooked)
- 220 grams Apple (about 1 medium apple)
- 122 grams Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Sweetener (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Apple Pie Spice (or Nutmeg and Allspice)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
1. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients until evenly distributed.
2. Dice up the apple and add to dry ingredients.
3. Whisk together egg/milk combination and add to mixture.
4. Bake in muffin pans or small loaf pans for 15-20 min. at 350 degrees F.
Macros for Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal Bites: 588 calories
12g of Fat
103g of Carbs
17g of Protein